The Libertarian Party of Pennsylvania - Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the LPPa forum. 
Feel free to join the discussions.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oath Keepers  (Read 1699 times)
t1m0thy
LPPa Members

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 09:26:33 AM »

Does the right to self-defense include the option of deterrence?   

It does in the scope of original intent.  If you read the writings and words of many founders you will see that they viewed the right to keep and bear arms as a deterrent to tyrannical government.
vern
LPPa W - Platform

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 09:57:17 AM »

Does the right to self-defense include the option of deterrence?   

It does in the scope of original intent.  If you read the writings and words of many founders you will see that they viewed the right to keep and bear arms as a deterrent to tyrannical government.

Absolutely, which is what militia groups all think they're part of and what the leadership of Oath Keepers is neck-deep in.  Obviously, there are many examples of our governments violating our rights, of coercing us.  Do we have a tyrannical government now?  I'm not ready for insurrection, sorry.

It is more likely that the US will collapse as the Soviet Union did.  States and regional governments would form around the various militaries and secure new claims of sovereignty.  If debts are unsettled (which they will), a great deal of pressure might lead to armed conflict between these states i.e. Civil War, which will avail the common population of nothing good.

I am not interested in starting an insurrection.  I would much rather have the support of local police and military, courts etc. to be guided by libertarian principles rather than by corruption.

"The less I seek my source for some definitive, closer I am to fine." -- indigo girls
www.LibertyAmerica.US
t1m0thy
LPPa Members

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 10:36:45 AM »

Groups that advocate violent insurrection need to read their history books a little more closely.  If King George had but conceded a few points with the colonies the founders would have stayed loyal to the crown it is only after a long and repeated series of abuses that they were willing to encourage revolution.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: