The Libertarian Party of Pennsylvania - Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the LPPa forum. 
Feel free to join the discussions.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just moved to Delaware county  (Read 1061 times)
andrey81inmd

« on: October 28, 2010, 04:25:18 PM »

Hi all,

I just moved to Delaware county from DC a couple months ago. I've been a libertarian for a while, but obviously living in DC there's no possibility of voting for anyone federal (except president), and local politics is so democrat-dominated that even republicans have given up trying. Looking at this website, I dont see any active Delaware county LP organizations. Is there anybody out there in my county? I'm hoping to stay here for a while.

Thanks,
Andrey
vern
LPPa W - Platform

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »

Someone here should be able to find you a few contacts.  Delaware county is an important district, and it would be great to have an active group there.  All it takes is a few people who care to make a difference.

Try contacting our Eastern Vice-Chair, Lou J.

"The less I seek my source for some definitive, closer I am to fine." -- indigo girls
www.LibertyAmerica.US
Mik
LPPa Moderators

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »

In fact there is an organization in Delaware County, as well as one in Philly.

Zobaczymy, wszystko jest możliwe.
(We'll see, everything is possible.)
bdively
LPPa Members

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:39:51 AM »

Moving from the sewer to the swamp must feel rewarding.  Welcome.  Good LP representation in the NE.  There is a LP Philly group too that puts out a newsletter. 

What say you?
andrey81inmd

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:02:42 AM »

Does DelCo LP have a website? I couldn't find one.
Mik
LPPa Moderators

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 01:35:20 PM »

I don't believe they do. Dave Jahn (our LPPA Webmaster) is a good person to talk to in the county, but I know he has been extremely busy the past couple weeks. You can reach him at webmaster@lppa.org.

Zobaczymy, wszystko jest możliwe.
(We'll see, everything is possible.)
Dan Sullivan
LPPa Members

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 07:50:52 PM »

Hi all,

I just moved to Delaware county from DC a couple months ago. I've been a libertarian for a while, but obviously living in DC there's no possibility of voting for anyone federal (except president), and local politics is so democrat-dominated that even republicans have given up trying. Looking at this website, I dont see any active Delaware county LP organizations. Is there anybody out there in my county? I'm hoping to stay here for a while.

Thanks,
Andrey

Last I looked, the city of Chester (which is in Delaware County, not Chester County) was run almost entirely by Republicans, despite it's being poor and crime-ridden. Their big problem is being on the wrong side of the state line, because there is no sales tax on the other side of the line. See:

http://www.savingcommunities.org/issues/taxes/sales/destroyscommerce.html

I recommend getting involved as an issue advocate, reasoning directly with those in office, and building your reputation before you talk about running for office. When you do run, you will have a earned a reputation and a following, if you did a good job as a concerned citizen.

"The only time my education was interrupted was when I was in school." - George Bernard Shaw
vmays
LPPa Members

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 10:26:59 PM »

Hi Audrey,

Welcome to Pennsylvania, land of Republican Dirty Tricks and more.  I'm the Secretary for the Sstate Party and with regard to Delaware County, I think in the nearly two years I have held the post I have received only one or two reports from the Delaware group if that much.  I keep hearing that it is a large group but I haven't seen any indication that this is true.  I'll search my records and find a few names for you to contact.  Please just send your e-mail address to me at secretary@lppa.org and I'll get back to you with some names.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: